Medication Assistance Course Overview
Training Inc. is pleased to offer this 9 hour course as developed by Alberta Health Services. This course provides Health Care Professionals with the training and skills required for medication assistance in long-term, lodge and independent group living facilities.
The course consists of 11 modules developed by Alberta Health Services and recognized throughout the healthcare industry. Some of the modules include medications for the elderly, diabetics, needle safety and documentation.
Students will learn:
- Team Roles/Responsibilities
- Effective communication with teams
- Positive attitudes towards the aging
- How medication affects the aging process
- Problem solving strategies
- Safety considerations/strategies to avoid medication errors
- Effective communication with clients
- Observation and documentation
- Safe medication practices in lab settings
$ 250.00 includes tuition and instructional binder.
A non-refundable registration fee of $25.00 must accompany registration to guarantee enrolment. The registration fee will be deducted from the course tuition costs. Students will be required to pay tuition two weeks before the course start date (during office hours). Payment can be made by cash, debit, Visa or Master Card. Please note: If fees are not paid two weeks prior to the start date of the class, the seats will be filled from the waiting list.
Training Inc. will issue a certificate upon completion of the course and exam.
Course Schedule and Start Dates
- Delivered over three evenings