Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS)
Are you in compliance with the new 2015 Global WHMIS standards?
Are you aware of the new supplier labels & requirements?
The Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Canada’s national hazardous communication standard, is changing to incorporate the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS), and internationally recognized standard for hazard classification and communication.
This 4 hour course familiarizes workers with the updated international WHMIS system used to provide safety information about hazardous products in the workplace. Participants will learn about the new and updated symbols and their meanings, which are now called WHMIS pictograms, the labels on products, and new SDSs (Safety Data Sheets). This course also includes valuable practical advice, so you will know basic health and safety measures to protect yourself and prevent workplace injuries and illnesses.
This course incorporates all the new requirements of the Globally Harmonized System with elements of the WHMIS 1988 for awareness and compliance purposes.
Why Take WHMIS 2015?
- Learn about the new Global WHMIS standards – Called "WHMIS 2015" in Canada or “WHMIS after GHS”
- Learn about the new WHMIS Hazard Symbols changes, now called WHMIS Pictograms
- Maintain compliance with WHMIS standards! If there are products with the WHMIS 2015 Safety Data Sheets (SDSs) and labels in your workplace, you will be expected to comply with the new standards
- The WHMIS 2015 legislation is currently in force, which means that suppliers will start to use and follow new requirements for labels and Safety Data Sheets (SDSs).
- Ensure compliance with OHS Codes
- Ensure you and your staff are safe!
$78.75 (GST included)
Objectives are tested by written competency exam. Participants must obtain 80% passing grade. Temporary certificate is valid for 60 days; permanent certificates valid for 3 years. Certificates are issued by Training Inc.