Petroleum Safety Training (PST)
This 4-6 hour multi-media program, with video, audio and interactive lessons, is available by appointment from Monday to Thursday in Cardston and Pincher Creek, and from Monday to Friday in Lethbridge.
This safety training program has been designed and produced for all workers in the petroleum industry. It is user friendly and has been specifically designed so learners do not need significant computer skills. PST meets the IRP Vol. 16 – Basic Industry Safety Orientation. This course is designed for the individual worker and is offered only through eLearning.
Students must register 3 days prior to taking the course in order to meet Enform's registration requirements. Students must also have a valid email to participate in this course.
PST topics include:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hazard Recognition And Control
- Common Workplace Hazards And Control
- Oil And Gas Industry Hazards And Control
- Gas Hazards And Control Measures
- Exploration Hazards And Control
- Rig Hazards And Control
- Oilfield Trucking Hazards And Control
- Production And Plant Hazards And Control
- Work Procedures And Safety Communication
$115.50 (GST included)
Objectives are tested by topic after each lesson, in electronic format. Students must have a score of 100% to receive their certificate. Permanent certificates have no expiry date (as of July 2011) and are mailed directly to the student. A confirmation of completion is available to print off the computer when completed. Certificates are issued by ENFORM.