Ground Disturbance Level II (Alberta Common Ground Alliance)
The 8 hour Level II Ground Disturbance course is the standardized program recognized by industry regulators. Ground disturbance deals with any mechanical or hand disturbance of soil. This course is accredited with the Alberta Common Ground Alliance and is delivered by a Global Training Center instructor. This course includes Level I for workers and Level II for supervisors.
Participants will learn
- How to clarify sources when searching for underground facilities,
- How to provide notification to the facility owner and receive owner notification.
- The necessary approvals/crossing agreements and regulations necessary before creating a ground disturbance.
- To create a plot plan/site drawing, gain an understanding of line locating and learn about types of exposure.
- How to do a back-fill inspection, as well as how to use permits and conduct pre-job meetings.
- Emergency response plans and what to do in case an underground facility is contacted are also covered.
$157.50 (GST included)
Objectives are tested by written competency exam. Temporary certificate is valid for 90 days; permanent certificates valid for 3 years. Certificates are issued by Global Training Center ~ Strathmore, AB.