This 4 hour course is designed for those involved in the day-to-day operations where workers and the general public are exposed to hazards created by vehicles and/or equipment. Safety precautions must be in place for the protection of those who come into contact with the construction zone. This course is taught through the Alberta Construction Safety Association.
- The flagger’s responsibilities for the protection of themselves, co-workers, and the general public
- Identifying the correct flagging practices and procedures, equipment, and clothing
- How to communicate with co-workers and the general public
- The importance of the flag station and the flagger’s location
- How to deal with emergency vehicles and others
$78.75 (GST included)
Objectives are tested by written competency. Participants must obtain 80% passing grade. Temporary certificate is valid for 60 days; permanent certificates valid for 3 years. Certificates are issued by Alberta Construction Safety Association.